Caveats of this setup.
There setup contains certain shortcomings or limitations. Some of them will be removed in future.
- This setup is targeted at a Desktop PC with CentOS DVD installation.
But there are users who wish to setup LAMP Stack on a server, which usually makes use of CentOS Minimal installation. If you are one of those, you will have to install additional packages for this setup to work. And you will have to figure this all on your own.
Support for CentOS Minimal installation will be added in future.
- This setup is targeted at CentOS 32-bit installation. If you are using a CentOS 64-bit OS for installation(which is common in servers), any changes that may be needed has not been covered here.
Support for CentOS 64-bit installation will be added in future.
- This setup is targeted at more features. At first sight this may seem good. But it comes with issues.
- More features means more security holes.
- More features result in less optimization. This setup will occupy more space, memory and will be less fast.
- This setup suffers from all issues that arise, when an application is compiled from source code.